Thursday, March 15, 2007
Fulbright Conference Recap
I just spent 4 days in Aurangabad, Maharashtra at the 2007 Fulbright Conference, and I had such a lovely time! It was really nice to meet a bunch of other Fulbrighters and to hear about all their projects and experiences. We went on a tour of the Ajanta Caves on Wednesday and the Ellora Caves earlier today (Thursday)... since my camera is broken, I don't have any pictures of my own, but I will hopefully be sent pics soon, so I will post pics as soon as I get them! I loved the Ellora Caves because they were all stone carvings and pretty impressive detail work, whereas the Ajanta Caves were primarily focused on faded paintings, so I wasn't super impressed. Also, the Ellora caves featured Hindi temples, Buddhist sites, and Jain temples, whereas the Ajanta Caves were only Buddhist, which I don't find super interesting. Ok, so much work to do tonight and tomorrow, so I'm going to sleep. Hope everyone is doing well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment